Social impact and resettlement
The valuation of the social impact is one of the significant components of “Sustainable Urban Development Investment Program” Tranche 1. Within the framework of the Project implementation its main objective is addressing possible social impacts and land acquisition and resettlement (LAR) issues required for certain sections of the road.
The Project includes the following two Subprojects:
- Argavand Highway – Shirak Street West
- Shirak Street and Artashat Highway including the widening of Arshakuniats Avenue
The Project requires substantial land acquisition and resettlement (LAR) with more than 200 affected persons (AP). This has been classified as Category A Project according to ADB guidelines.
To facilitate the implementation of the LARP for the entire Project, the Project area was divided into the following three parts for which separate LARPs will be prepared.
- LARP 1 – Arshakuniats Street Section and Artashat Highway Section
- LARP 2 – Argavand Highway Section
- LARP 3 – New Shirak Street Section